Tuesday, January 29, 2019
8:15 AM – 12:30 PM
“Dentistry and Engineering: Building Bridges”
Keynote speaker: Dr. Cecilia Giachelli
Professor and Chair, Department of Bioengineering
The keynote address will be followed by presentations by UW School of Dentistry faculty:
- Dwayne Arola, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Douglas S. Ramsay, DMD, PhD, MSD, Professor and Chair, Department of Oral Health Sciences
- Eric Seibel, PhD, Research Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
All faculty, students and staff are encouraged to attend and participate.
- CDE credit will be available for Research Day attendance
- OKU is providing cash prizes for the winners of the Dental Student Research Competition
- Seattle Section, AADR, and national AADR will be awarding a monetary travel award for the June 2019 conference to the best graduate student poster
The event will consist of two parts – a series of oral presentations and a poster session. The oral session will run from 8:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. in HUB 250. The poster session will follow from 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m in the Health Sciences Lobby.
Dental students in SURF and the 4th Year Research Track will be presenting their research at the poster session. Faculty and graduate students are also encouraged to present posters.
Entry forms for presenters, including poster abstracts, are due no later than Friday, January 16, 2019.
Abstract Entry Forms: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/dentres/365689
Co-sponsors, Philips Oral Healthcare, Omicron Kappa Upsilon (OKU) and the Seattle Section, American Association for Dental Research