The School of Dentistry is a national leader in dental research. In recognition of our strong program and its high level of student participation, the School will be sponsoring Research Day:
Friday, September 25, 2015
8:15 AM – 12:30 PM
Keynote speaker: Dr. Buddy Ratner
Joint Professor of Bioengineering and Chemical Engineering Michael L. & Myrna Darland Endowed Chair in Technology Commercialization
The keynote address will be followed by presentations by UW School of Dentistry faculty:
- Jeffrey S. McLean, PhD, Acting Associate Professor of Periodontics, “Disrupting Microbial Social Networking #Epic_Oral_Fail”
- Whasun Oh Chung, PhD, Research Professor, Director of SURF Research Program, “Titanate-Metal Complex: A Novel Antimicrobial Compound in the Age of Increasing Bacterial Resistance”
- Donald Chi, DDS, PhD, Associate Professor of Oral Health Sciences, “Xylitol and Dental Caries Prevention in Children: Non-Linearity of the T1-T4 Translational Research Process”
All faculty, students and staff are encouraged to attend and participate.
- CDE credit will be available for Research Day attendance
- OKU is providing cash prizes for the winners of the Dental Student Research Competition
- Seattle Section, AADR will be awarding a cash prize for the best graduate student poster
Research Day lectures will be held in Health Sciences T-625 from 8:15 am to 10:50 am, followed by poster presentations in the South Campus Center Room 316 from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm.
Dental students in summer programs will be presenting their research at the poster session. Faculty and graduate students are also encouraged to present posters.
Entry forms for presenters, including poster abstracts, are due no later than Friday, September 11, 2015.
Abstract Entry Forms: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/dentres/246779
Co-sponsors, Omicron Kappa Upsilon and Seattle Section, American Association for Dental Research