The School of Dentistry is a national leader in dental research. In recognition of our strong program and its high level of student participation, the School will be sponsoring Research Day:
Tuesday, January 30, 2018
8:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
“Sorting Evidence from Bullshit in the Age of Evidence-Based Dentistry”
Keynote speaker: Dr. Jevin West
Assistant Professor, Information School
Member, DataLab, Data Science and Analytics Lab
Co-founder of Eigenfactor.org
The keynote address will be followed by presentations by UW School of Dentistry faculty:
- Greg Huang, DMD, MSD, MPH, Professor and Chair of Orthodontics, will discuss research on using vibration to speed tooth movement in orthodontic treatment.
- Philippe Hujoel, PhD, DDS, MSD, MS, Professor of Oral Health Sciences, will discuss clinical trial evidence on oral hygiene as a therapeutic.
- Brian Leroux, PhD, Professor of Oral Health Sciences and Biostatistics, will discuss outcome variables in dental and craniofacial research.
All faculty, students and staff are encouraged to attend and participate.
- CDE credit will be available for Research Day attendance
- OKU is providing cash prizes for the winners of the Dental Student Research Competition
- Seattle Section, AADR will be awarding a cash prize for the best graduate student poster
The event will consist of two parts – the first a series of oral presentations, the second a poster session. The oral session will run from 8:15 a.m. – 10:50 a.m. in the South Campus Center, Room 316. The poster session will follow from 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m in the Health Sciences Lobby.
Dental students in SURF and the 4th Year Research Track will be presenting their research at the poster session. Faculty and graduate students are also encouraged to present posters.
Entry forms for presenters, including poster abstracts, are due no later than Friday, January 12, 2018.
Abstract Entry Forms: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/dentres/346052
Co-sponsors, Philips Oral Healthcare, Omicron Kappa Upsilon (OKU) and the Seattle Section, American Association for Dental Research