UW School of Dentistry
Research Day Program (PDF)
The School of Dentistry is a national leader in dental research. In recognition of our strong program and its high level of student participation, the School will be sponsoring Research Day:
Tuesday, January 31, 2017
8:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
“Drugs in Dentistry”
Keynote speaker: Dr. Gary Franklin
Research Professor, Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences and Department of Medicine (Neurology) Adjunct Research Professor, Department of Health Services, Medical Director, Washington State Department of Labor and Industries
The keynote address will be followed by presentations by UW School of Dentistry faculty:
- Natasha Flake, DDS, MSD, PhD, Associate Professor of Endodontics, will present her research regarding local anesthetic efficacy in marijuana users.
- Chris Hague, PhD, Associate Professor of Pharmacology, will present his research related to developing an app for assessing drug-drug interactions.
- Travis Nelson, Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatric Dentistry, will present his research regarding child temperament and its relationship to pediatric sedation and analgesia.
All faculty, students and staff are encouraged to attend and participate.
- CDE credit will be available for Research Day attendance
- OKU is providing cash prizes for the winners of the Dental Student Research Competition
- Seattle Section, AADR will be awarding a cash prize for the best graduate student poster
The event will consist of two parts – the first a series of oral presentations, the second a poster session. The first session will run from 8:15 a.m. – 10:50 a.m. in the HUB 250, a poster session will follow from 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m in the HUB 332.
Dental students in summer programs will be presenting their research at the poster session. Faculty and graduate students are also encouraged to present posters.
Entry forms for presenters, including poster abstracts, are due no later than Wednesday, January 11, 2017.
Abstract Entry Forms: https://is.gd/SoDResearchDay_abstracts2017
Co-sponsors, Philips Oral Healthcare, Omicron Kappa Upsilon and Seattle Section, American Association for Dental Research