- Bridge Funding
The Provost’s Office provides bridge funding to support faculty to span the gap in critical research programs.
- Institute of Translational Health Sciences Pilot Funding
Funding for pilot and collaborative translational and clinical research.
- Limited Submissions
Grants, awards and fellowships that limit the number of applications from the UW.
- Office of Global Affairs
The Global Innovation Fund (GIF) is managed by the Office of Global Affairs (OGA) and seeks to seed initiatives and programs that develop cross-college and cross-continent collaborations that enhance the University of Washington’s global reach.
- Population Health Initiative
The Population Health Initiative offers pilot research grants to interdisciplinary teams of UW faculty who seek to address the grand challenges we face in population health. We also offer a Population Health Innovation Award in partnership with CoMotion.
- Royalty Research Fund
Supports UW faculty seeking to establish new research programs.
Internal Resources for External Funding
- Graduate Funding Information Service
Helps students identify and use different resources to locate funding.
- UW Corporate & Foundation Relations
- For help navigating corporate and foundation funders.
Commercialization and Entrepreneurship
- Amazon and the University of Washington have launched an initiative to provide funding and mentorship for bold, globally impactful, disruptive projects proposed by the members of the university community.