Application Process 2021
- Research application. Work with your mentor to prepare the application. Use the 2021 SURF application, omitting the timeline.
Up to $500 may be requested for research expenses
- Letter of recommendation from at least one clerkship director, evaluating level of clinical competency. Multiple letters are allowed. The letter can be sent directly to Dr. Chung by the clerkship director(s) if they wish.
- Also (by April 9), Ensure you are in good academic standing
- Have no outstanding incompletes
Research Advisory Committee review and possible proposal revisions/review during the month of April. Notification during first week of May.
- Full time research work with mentor: 11 weeks in first general practice block (12 credits: C/NC)
- Encouraged to use non-clinic selective time throughout the rest of the year to complete project and related projects (paper, poster, abstract)
- Bi-weekly summer brown bag on topics related to research and research careers (e.g., publication, grant preparation, academic careers), if the group desires
- Submission of abstract and participation in Research Day Poster Session (TBD January 2022)
- Research report submission in Winter Quarter, 2022
- Students take 4th year didactics along with their class
- If desired, students may take one clinical elective OR DECOD/DUCC with the permission of their research mentor