Application Deadline is August 1, 2022 for consideration in the class beginning Summer Quarter, June 20, 2023.
Applicants must use the ADEA Postdoctoral Application Support Service (ADEA PASS) to apply to the UW School of Dentistry Graduate Prosthodontics Program. Applicants must also register with the Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program (MATCH).
Applicants must have earned a D.M.D./D.D.S. degree or equivalent (may be considered if graduated from non-ADA accredited dental school)
1. PASS – request application materials. You will be given instructions for materials required. These materials will be processed and automatically forwarded to the UW Graduate Prosthodontics Program.
Please include the following documents with your on-line PASS application
- Official Dental School Transcript
- Minimum of 3 Professional Evaluation Forms (PEFs) which are similar to traditional letters of evaluation.
- Institution Evaluation Form (IEF)
- Unofficial undergraduate transcript
- Personal statement
- Dental School Diploma (required if you have graduated)
- must be in English or an official translated copy.
- Required materials for International applicants
- A valid official TOEFL score must be submitted from ETS TOEFL to PASS for all applicants whose native language is not English. A minimum score of 98 on iBT is required for admission. Please refer to UW Graduate School Memorandum 8 for alternative ways to meet the requirement for English language proficiency.
- Foreign dental school transcript
3. Materials sent directly to the UW Graduate Prosthodontics Program
- 2” x 2” photo – please send electronically to Graduate Prosthodontics Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Departmental Application Fee of $50.00 USD
- Please make check or money order payable to University of Washington and remit payment directly to the UW Graduate Prosthodontics Program. Please note that payment amount must be in USD and applicant’s name and ADEA PASS ID number need to be included on the check.
University of Washington
Graduate Prosthodontics Program
1959 NE Pacific Street, D-780 HSD
Seattle, WA 98195
– Optional: The following materials are not required. Please send documents electronically to Graduate Prosthodontics Program Coordinator at email@example.com or upload them to ADEA PASS under “Optional Documents” in “Program Materials” section.
- Portfolio of your work in prosthodontics (Recommended)
- Exam scores: Advanced Dental Admission Test (ADAT), Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) and National Board Dental Examination (NBDE)
- Letters of recommendation – additional letters may be submitted.
Interviews will be in mid-September 2022
Shortly after the August 1st application deadline, the Selection Committee reviews all complete applications and ranks the candidates. The top ten finalists are invited to come to the University of Washington for a personal interview. All finalists will be asked to take a two-day examination consisting of clinical, didactic and laboratory procedures in addition to their interview. Specific instructions will be provided as to the exact nature of this examination when the applicants are notified of their final status.
After interviews, each applicant will need to submit their ranking on the MATCH website. The Prosthodontics Program will also rank the applicants interviewed. Three applicants are selected each year. Please refer to the MATCH website for schedule of dates.
Graduate School Admission Procedures
Once an offer of admission has been made, you will have to apply to the Graduate School – Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS).
Further details will be given when admission acceptance is offered.
- Tuition fees based on credit hours and subject to change per academic year.
- Clinic fees of $2,000/year or $500 per quarter (subject to change) are in addition to tuition.
- For more information please visit the Graduate Tuition Dashboard and select “Prosthodontics” in the graduate program category.