The School of Dentistry has honored five outstanding staff members with its annual Distinguished Staff Awards, recognizing people whose work is vital but often goes unsung. The winners are:
- Jen Albrecht, Service Learning Rotation Manager, Office of Regional Affairs. Said one nominator: “Jen is a delight to work with, always positive, supportive, and a good communicator to all team members.”
- Becky Allen, Manager of Clinical Operations, Department of Orthodontics. Nominator comment: “Her goal is to make things a win-win for all parties. This is not an easy task, but she does all of this with a ‘can-do’ attitude which has greatly improved the morale of our entire clinic, even during this past year of Covid.”
- Virginia Daugherty, Grants Manager, Office of Regional Affairs. Nominator comments: “She takes great pride in always performing at her highest and ensuring that those around her are set up for success.” “Virginia’s positivity is absolutely infectious.”
- Chalet White, Dental Clinic Supervisor, Sterilization. Nominator comment: “Chalet’s high expectations and standards [for] herself [are] the example her team follows for the health and safety of our patients, students, faculty, and staff.”
- Yvonne Wilson, Dental Assistant 2, Predoctoral Clinic. Nominator comment: “She recognizes potential problems or issues for the clinic sessions and, in consultation with the clinical faculty, will offer solutions to solve the problems for the session.”
Traditionally, the winners have been honored at an annual schoolwide staff luncheon. This year, Dean Gary Chiodo, the winners and other nominees, along with their supervisors, have celebrated the recognition with smaller events in individual units. Click here for a closer look at the winners and other nominees.
“I extend my heartiest congratulations to the Distinguished Staff Award winners and to the rest of the outstanding nominees,” Dean Chiodo said. “Our excellent staff are critical to the success of our curriculum, clinics, research and service programs.”