Rebecca Slayton, DDS, PhD
Affiliate Faculty/Retired Chair, Pediatric Dentistry
Dr. Slayton is currently a Professor and recently retired as Director of The Center for Pediatric Dentistry and Chair of the UW Department of Pediatric Dentistry. She previously was Professor and Chair of the Department of Pediatric Dentistry at the University of Iowa College of Dentistry. She is a consultant to the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry, an ad hoc reviewer for several leading dental journals and a member of the Executive Committee, Section on Oral Health for the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Dr. Slayton’s honors and awards include: Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine (ELAM) Fellow (2012-13); International College of Dentists; and Chief Dental Officer and Chair of the Scientific Advisory Committee, National Children’s Oral Health Foundation.
- PhD, Genetics and Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry, University of Iowa, 1998
- DDS, University of Iowa, 1992
- MS, Engineering, University of Iowa, 1983
- BA, Biology, Earlham College, 1980
- The molecular epidemiology of dental caries susceptibility
- Caries risk assessment
- Genetics education in dentistry