Professor, Oral Health Sciences
Adjunct Professor, Epidemiology
Education: The Free University of Brussels (dental degree), the University of Washington (specialty training in periodontics and a doctoral degree in epidemiology), and the University of Michigan (a master of science in biostatistics).
Service: Clinical practice limited to periodontics
- Nutrition with a focus on low carbohydrate diets
- The harmful effects of diagnostic radiation
- Evidence-Based Methodology and Applications
- DPHS 535
- DPHS 569
- Hujoel PP. Vitamin D and Dental Caries: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. (2012) Nutrition Reviews. In press.
- Hujoel PP, Becker W, and Becker B: Monitoring Failure Rates of Commercial Implant Brands; Substantial Equivalence in Question? (2012) Clinical Oral Implants Research.
- Hujoel P, Zina LG, Cunha-Cruz J, Lopez R. Historical perspectives on theories of periodontal disease etiology. Periodontol 2000. Feb 2012;58(1):153-160.
- Rethman MP, Beltran-Aguilar ED, Billings RJ, et al. Nonfluoride caries-preventive agents: executive summary of evidence-based clinical recommendations. J Am Dent Assoc. Sep 2011;142(9):1065-1071.
- Hujoel PP, Stott-Miller M. Retinal and gingival hemorrhaging and chronic hyperglycemia. Diabetes Care. Jan 2011;34(1):181-183.
- Hujoel P. Dietary carbohydrates and dental-systemic diseases. J Dent Res. Jun 2009;88(6):490-502.