Glen Johnson, DDS, MS
Professor Emeritus, Restorative Dentistry
- University of Washington BSME Mechanical Engineering March 1968
- University of Washington MSE. Bioengineering Dec 1977
- University of Washington DDS Dentistry June 1978
- University of Michigan MS Dental Materials June 1983
- Summer Research Fellowship (SURF), UW School of Dentistry (1977)
- National Institute for Dental Research Trainee Fellowship, Dental Materials, University of Michigan (1981‐1983)
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society (1990‐present)
- Pierre Fauchard Academy, Fellow (1993)
- Washington State Dental Association Faculty Award (2011)
- School of Dentistry Distinguished Teaching Award
- G Ibarra, GH Johnson, W Geurtsen, MA Vargas. Microleakage of porcelain veneer restorations bonded to enamel and
dentin with a new self‐adhesive resin‐based dental cement. Dental Materials 23(2):218‐25, Feb. 2007.
- C.V. Farrell, G.H. Johnson, M.T. Oswald, R.D. Tucker: Effect of cement selection and finishing technique on marginal
opening of cast gold inlays. Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 99:287‐292, April 2008.
- AH Kang, GH.Johnson, X Lepe, JC Wataha. Accuracy of reformulated, fast set vinyl polysiloxane impression material
using dual‐arch trays. Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry; 101:332‐341, May 2009.
- GH Johnson, X Lepe, H Zhang, JC Wataha. “Retention of metal‐ceramic crowns with contemporary dental cements.”
J Am Dent Assn, 2009;140;1125‐1136, Sep 2009.
- G.H. Johnson, L.A. Mancl, E.R. Schwedhelm, D.R. Verhoef and X. Lepe. Clinical trial investigating success rates for
polyether and vinyl polysiloxane impressions made with full‐arch and dual‐arch plastic trays. J Prosth Dent
103;23:13‐22, January 2010.
- MH Kronström, GH Johnson, RW Hompesch. Accuracy of a generically new ring‐opening metathesis elastomeric
dental impression material. J Prosth Dent 103;23:49‐53, January 2010.
- T Stober, GH Johnson, M Schmitter. Accuracy of the newly formulated vinyl siloxanether elastomeric impression
material. Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 103;228‐239, April 2010.
- M Schmitter, GH Johnson, C Faggion, C Klose, G Mitov, F Nothdurft, P Pospiech, P Rammelsberg, B Ohlmann, S
Schwarz, T Stober, P Schiller, M Pritsch. Clinical success rates for polyether crown impressions when
mixed dynamically and statically. Clin Oral Invest, Epub 25 May 2011.
- GH. Johnson, X. Lepe, O. Schäfer, A. Patterson. Simplified cementation of lithium disilicate crowns: Retention with
various adhesive resin cement combinations. J Prosth Dent 119;826‐32, May 2018.
- X Lepe, KR Streiff and GH Johnson. Long‐term retention of zirconia crowns cemented with current automixed
cements. J Prosth Dent J Prosthet Dent 2021;125:788‐94 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prosdent.2020.04.014
- KR Streiff, X Lepe, GH Johnson. Longterm retention of lithium disilicate crowns with a current bioactive cement. J
Esthet Restor Dent. 2021:33;621‐27