Andrew G. Tolas, DDS, MSD
Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Dr. Tolas is an Associate Clinical Professor. Special Advisor, Anesthesiology Harborview Medical Center Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Dr. Tolas, Associate Clinical Professor with the UW Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, also serves as Special Advisor, Anesthesiology, at Harborview Medical Center’s Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department. He previously served as Clinical Assisting Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, with UW School of Medicine, and is a diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- BA, Bowling Green State University, Ohio
- DDS, University of Illinois College of Dentistry, 1958
- Internship, University of Illinois, Research and Educational Hospital, 1961
- Certificate, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency, University of Washington – King County Hospital.
- Treatment of mandibular fractures
- Neurohumoral induced cardiac dysrhythmias during nitrous oxide anesthesia
- Spontaneous pneumothorax following ambulatory dental anesthesia
- Reconstruction of mandibular continuity with recombinant Human Bone Morphogenic Protein 2