UW School of Dentistry Dental Alumni and Continuing Dental Education Golf in Ireland
A Prosthetic Dental Review: From Cosmetics to Implants to Dentures
Michael Johnson, DDS, MS
August 19-27, 2015
Click here to view Itinerary
This course is designed for dentists.
For additional info or to reserve your space click on this web site: PerryGolf or contact your PerryGolf Travel Specialist: Alastair Niven at 800.344.5257 Ext: 219 or email Alastair.Niven@PerryGolf.com
TUITION for CDE Course:
$325 until August 1, 2014 – thereafter $400
Tour Price Per Person- Golfer: $4,795 – Non Golfer: $2,795 – Single Supplement: $1,500
Price does not include sightseeing opportunities or airfare (Shannon Airport)
PLEASE NOTE: This tour is limited to 24 guests – Reservations are required for 16 people required by October 31, 2014 to confirm this tour. If we have enough people registered by October 31st, at that time a $1500 deposit will be required.
CREDITS: 7 hours
Join us for the golf experience of a lifetime in Ireland. Play eight rounds at some of the best golf courses in south west Ireland plus enjoy an informative CDE lecture provided by Michael Johnson, DDS, MS.
|1||Wed 8/19||US Depart|
|2||Thu 8/20||Sightseeing Killarney & Co Kerry
|Killarney Park Hotel|
|3||Fri 8/21||Ballybunion Old Course (tbc)|
|4||Sat 8/22||Killarney-Killeen (tbc)|
|5||Sun 8/23||Sightsee Cork & Kinsale Old Head (tbc)|
|6||Mon 8/24||Waterville (tbc)|
|7||Tue 8/25||Doonbeg (tbc)||The Lodge at Doonbeg Golf Club|
|8||Wed 8/26||Lahinch (tbc)|
|9||Thu 8/27||Ireland Depart Shannon / 1 hr 10 mins|
- Ballybunion – Old Course – Ireland’s most famous course and consistently rated amongst the world’s finest. Perched on a sandy cliff top, it makes its way through dunes and valleys with dramatic changes in elevation. The greens are often perched on mounds or carefully sheltered between sand dunes.
- Killarney-Killeen – host of the 2010 and 2011 Irish Open, the Killeen course is the flagship course of the Killarney Golf & Fishing Club. The Killarney lakes and high mountain range provide an imposing backdrop to this Championship course. The spectacular par 3 10th hole virtually plays onto the lake.
- Old Head – The course was opened for play in 1997, and its success story has gone from strength to strength. It is now one of the most talked-about courses in the world. The Old Head is a remarkably dramatic piece of Ireland, protruding over two miles into the Atlantic Ocean. Nine holes play along the cliff tops, and all eighteen holes provide stunning ocean views.
- Waterville – located in the southwest corner of Ireland on the famous scenic route, the ”Ring of Kerry”. A spectacular location and an outstanding test of golf, Waterville has developed into one of the most admired and respected courses in Ireland. Following recent course design improvements by Tom Fazio, Waterville has now entered into the top 100 courses in the world.
- Doonbeg – a magnificent links course, carved out of a landscape of grass covered dunes which border the Atlantic Ocean. Each of the holes offers wonderful panoramas of the ocean and Irish countryside.
- Lahinch – Originally designed by Old Tom Morris and later modified by Dr. Alister MacKenzie and most recently Martin Hawtree, the course has a vast array of grass covered knolls and sweeping contours.
This seven hour practicum will cover topics pertinent to today’s busy general practice.
- Dental materials and cosmetics – 1 hour
- Partial and full denture therapy – 2 hours
- Screw vs. cement retained implant abutment designs for partially edentulous patients – 1.5 hours
- Treatment planning the fully edentulous implant patients – 1.5 hours
- Q and A on any and all phase of restorative dentistry – 1 hour
Michael Johnson, DDS, MS is a prosthodontist with a full time private practice limited to fixed, removable and implant prosthodontics in Bellevue, Washington. He graduated from the University of Washington School of Dentistry, completed a GPR at the University of Mississippi Medical Center then practiced general dentistry for 6 years in downtown Seattle. He is active in the UW Dental Alumni and Dean’s Club boards. Dr. Johnson is a native of Bellevue and enjoys scuba diving and golf.
Relax in luxury with lovely hotel accommodations at Killarney Park Hotel. In the heart of Killarney, the Killarney Park Hotel offers guests elegant and stylish surroundings coupled with first class service. It is the perfect haven for total relaxation, offering supreme comfort, excellent food and the warmest hospitality.
At The Doonbeg Lodge and Club, the plan is to always provide a friendly, relaxed country house atmosphere, celebrating good taste and service from an earlier era. The Lodge Luxury Suites opened in Spring 2006 and draws inspiration from numerous Irish country houses.
Tour price includes:
- Accommodation in hotels listed with room category and daily Irish breakfast
- Green fees for rounds of golf as listed in schedule.
- Ground transportation throughout in a private luxury motorcoach.
- Assistance of PerryGolf’s local office at your destination.
- Travel pack with useful information on areas visited in your tour.
- Local taxes.
For additional info or to reserve your space click on this web site: PerryGolf or contact your PerryGolf Travel Specialist: Alastair Niven at 800.344.5257 Ext: 219 or email Alastair.Niven@PerryGolf.Com
For additional info, please contact UW Dental Alumni at 206.543.7297 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Washington is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
The University of Washington is a member of the Association for Continuing Dental Education.
University of Washington designates this activity for 7 continuing education credits.