Sixth Annual Washington Dental Service Practice Management Course
Oral Health to Total Wellness: Discover the Links and Learn the Practical Application
Susan Maples, DDS
Friday, October 17, 2014
Center for Urban Horitculture – NHS Hall
3501 NE 41st Street
Seattle, Washington 98105
This course is designed for dentists, hygienists and dental assistants.
Registration and Continental Breakfast: 8:00am – 8:30am
Course: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Until October 15, 2014 (after, $25 more)
$179/Dental Hygienist, Dental Assistant and Office Staff
$251/Current Dental Alumni Member
WDS Members and their staff receive a 50% discount off the full tuition price! (Not to be combined with any other discounts) Please register for CE1413WDS to receive the discount.
CREDITS: 7 hours
* This course is eligible for a 10% tuition discount if you are a current member of the UW Dental Alumni Association.
Are you seeking a more profound health-impact on your patients and medical community? Would you like to unravel the many “mysterious” connections between oral disease and systemic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, obesity, sleep apnea, acid reflux, addiction and depression? Are you looking for cradle-to-grave implementation skills/tools to identify disease and create miraculous health-enhancing impact? If so, this program is for you!
As a result of attending this course, you will be able to:
- Exhibit facilitation skills for impacting health change
- Screen for Sleep Apnea and Esophageal Reflux
- Recognize the cascade from health to Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
- Manage “PolyPharmacology” and help patients get “clean”
- Address Obesity, Diabetes and Caries in Children
- Identify what’s working (and what’s not) for smoking cessation
- Demonstrate Blood and Salivary Diagnostics at your fingertips
- Discover new approaches to “partnering” with medical teams
- “Brand” your practice for community attraction
- Target marketing for attracting health-seeking patients
Susan Maples leads a successful, 29-year dental practice in Michigan. Her mission is to help like-valued doctors and team members find true fulfillment in the profession of dentistry. Susan enjoys blending her passion for health, complex restorative experience and her MBA marketing expertise. As the originator of the Hands-On Learning Lab™ and Self-Screen.net ™, Susan was named Top 25 Women in Dentistry 2012, and Top 8 Innovators in Dentistry 2012.
The University of Washington is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
The University of Washington is a member of the Association for Continuing Dental Education.
University of Washington designates this activity for 7 continuing education credits.