The New Strategic Plan is Here!
The School of Dentistry’s Strategic Plan, Advancing Oral Health for All, is an ambitious and bold plan that looks directly and optimistically to the future, building on the outstanding accomplishments of our history, in addition to the new knowledge of today. View the Strategic Plan (PDF)
Welcome to the 2023 UW School of Dentistry Strategic Planning Oversight Committee (SPOC) page. Here, we will keep you informed of the planning process and how you can be involved in shaping the future of the UW School of Dentistry!
Under our charge from Dean Ritter, we will clarify our mission and develop a new vision of the future of our school. We will design a strategic plan to guide UWSOD toward that new vision. Our goal is to exceed our school’s past successes to make an even greater impact on oral health education, oral and craniofacial research, person-centered healthcare, and community service. The new strategic plan will articulate our:
- Shared purpose (a mission statement),
- Shared aspirations (a vision statement),
- and importantly our shared values.
This will communicate who we are and why we are here, as well as where we are headed as a school, so we make wise decisions for our future.
Who We Are
Representing Faculty and Administration/ Curriculum
Representing Faculty, Administration/DEI, and Outreach
Representing Classified Staff and Clinics
Chao (Teddy) Dong
Representing Professional Staff and Communications
Representing Faculty and Alumni
Representing Professional Staff, Clinics, and Finances
Representing Faculty and Research
Ana Lucia Seminario
Representing Faculty Council and Global Research
Our Committee’s Guiding Principles
We respect dissent:
- We assume positive intentions, not bad intentions, in anyone’s statements.
- There should be no silent dissent on the committee – we speak up in real time.
- All SPOC members will listen carefully to what is being said by our colleagues with the intent of understanding.
We are inclusive:
- All SPOC members are empowered to speak and be heard.
- All SPOC members are equal.
- Stakeholder voices are equal in discussions.
We are practical:
- We aim to be realistic.
- We are respectful of UW and community culture.
- We are accountable, as a group, to UWSOD.
How You Can Be Involved
March & April
Key Leader Interviews & Focus Groups
April 1 – 10
All students, faculty, staff, patients, and alumni take the online survey
April – May
Participate in workgroups to develop the goals and comment on drafts
Sept – Nov
All students, faculty, staff, patients, and alumni provide feedback