The UW School of Dentistry Virtual Clinic allows you to have a video-based appointment with your provider. Currently, the virtual clinic is only available for urgent dental care.
Virtual Clinic visits during the COVID-19 response
The rapid spread of the COVID-19 virus (coronavirus) has impacted all aspects of our daily lives and placed a great deal of strain on our healthcare systems. Our priority is keeping our patients and staff healthy. To do so, we must do everything we can to comply with the recommendations to limit person-to-person contact.
The Virtual Clinic allows us to address many urgent care concerns without the need for an in-clinic visit.
We are grateful for your patience and understanding during these challenging times.
What to do if you need an appointment
If you require care during this time, please call 206-616-6996.
What is a virtual clinic appointment?
A virtual clinic visit is similar to an in-person visit in that we provide the initial consultation and possible treatment without person-to-person contact.
- Your visit can take place from a location that is the most convenient for you.
- Your provider will use a video-based platform to talk with you by computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Our virtual clinic platform is secure and HIPAA compliant.
- Your video and voice will not be recorded or stored.
- Your privacy and rights will be respected and ensured.
Preparing for your virtual clinic video-based appointment
After scheduling your appointment by phone, you will be sent a link with information about your appointment. When it is time for your appointment to begin, you’ll click on this link to be connected with a provider.
Please review the instructions about how to join your dentist in a video-based visit.
If you need help setting up your phone or computer, please call 206-616-6996 for assistance.
How to get ready for your appointment
- Prepare notes or have a list of topics you would like to discuss with your dental care provider.
- Make sure your device is plugged in or fully charged.
- Find a quiet space for your appointment. Whether you’re at home, work or traveling, choose a location where you have privacy and are less likely to get interrupted.
- Find space that is well lit. Position yourself so that the main light source is in front, lighting up your face.
- The following items will optimize the ability for your provider to see inside your mouth. Please have them ready prior to your appointment if possible:
– Large spoon
– Mouth mirror (disposable)
- Set your camera at eye level. This will make it easier for the dentist to see and engage with you.
- Use headphones if you need privacy or are hearing impaired.
- Have the clinic’s number handy should you have technical issues or get disconnected during your visit.
If you are a new patient to the Virtual Clinic
You will need to review and consent to the new patient forms below via the MyDental Portal.
- UW School of Dentistry Patient Care Agreement – Requires your consent/acknowledgement that you consent to having UW School of Dentistry provide you with dental care.
- UW School of Dentistry Financial Agreement – Requires your consent/acknowledgement that we will bill services provided to your insurance (if applicable) and you are responsible for payment of remaining balance.
- UW School of Dentistry Notice of Privacy Practices Acknowledgement – Requires your acknowledgment that you have received a copy of the Notice of Privacy Practices. This is for your records and includes information about the privacy practices in place at UW School of Dentistry.
- UW School of Dentistry Consent for Teledentistry
- UW School of Dentistry Health History form.
All patients of the Virtual Clinic must make sure these forms are signed before their initial appointment. New patients, or patients of record who may need help logging in, should contact 206-616-6996 to have their account set up.