Brian Leroux, PhD
Professor, Biostatistics, SPH
Professor, Oral Health Sciences
Dr. Brian Leroux is a Professor in the Department of Oral Health Sciences with a joint appointment in the Department of Biostatistics. He received his PhD in Statistics from The University of British Columbia in 1989 and has been at the University of Washington since 1991. He is currently the director of the Data Coordinating Center for Northwest PRECEDENT, a practice-based dental research network.
Dr. Leroux’s main research interest is in statistical methods for correlated data with applications to dental research and other fields. In addition to his work on Northwest PRECEDENT he collaborates with Seattle Children’s Hospital investigators on studies on craniofacial anomalies and is a Biostatistician and Associate Director of the data coordinating center for the Resuscitation Outcomes Consortium which conducts clinical trials in emergency medicine.
- Collett BR, Speltz ML, Cloonan YK, Leroux BG, Kelly JP, Werler MM: Neurodevelopmental outcomes in children with hemifacial microsomia. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 165(2):134-140, Feb, 2011.
- Rothen M, Cunha-Cruz J, Mancl L, Leroux B, Davis BL, Coyne J, Gillette J, Berg J: Inter-examiner reliability of salivary diagnostic tests in a practice-based network. J Dental Hygiene 85(2):143-150, Spring, 2011.
- Barasch A, Cunha-Cruz J, Curro FA, Hujoel P, Sung AH, Vena D, Voinea-Griffin AE, for the CONDOR Collaborative Group (Beadnell S, Craig RG, DeRouen T, Desaranayake A, Gilbert A, Gilbert GH, Goldberg K, Hauley R, Hashimoto M, Holmes J, Latzke B, Leroux B, Lindblad A, Richman J, Safford M, Ship J, Thompson VP, Williams OD, Yin W): Risk factors for osteonecrosis of the jaws: a dental practice-based research network case-control study. J Dent Res 90(4):439-444, 2011.
- Dufton LM, Speltz ML, Kelly JP, Leroux B, Collett BR, Werler MM: Psychosocial outcomes in children with hemifacial microsomia. Journal of Pediatric Psychology 36(7):794-805, Aug, 2011.
- Stiell IG, Nichol G, Leroux BG, Rea TD, Ornato JP, Powell J, Christenson J, Callaway CW, Kudenchuk PJ, Aufderheide TP, Idris AH, Daya MR, Wang HE, Morrison LJ, Davis D, Andrusiek D, Stephens S, Cheskes S, Schmicker RH, Fowler R, Vaillancourt C, Hostler D, Zive D, Pirrallo RG, Vilke GM, Sopko G, Weisfeldt M, and the Resuscitation Outcomes Consortiurm (ROC) Investigators: Early versus later rhythm analysis in patients with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. New Eng J Med 365(9):787-797, Sept 1, 2011.
- Aufderheide TP, Nichol G, Rea TD, Brown SP, Leroux BG, Pepe PE, Kudenchuk PJ, Christenson J, Daya MR, Dorian P, Callaway CW, Idris AH, Andrusiek D, Nichol G, Stephens SW, Hostler D, Davis DP, Dunford JV, Pirrallo RG, Stiell IG, Clement CM, Craig A, Van Ottingham L, Schmidt TA, Wang HE, Weisfeldt ML, Ornato JP, Sopko G, and the Resuscitation Outcomes Consortiurm (ROC) Investigators: A trial of an impedance threshold device in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. New Eng J Med 365(9):798-806, Sept 1, 2011.
- Huang Y, Leroux BG: Informative cluster sizes and weighted generalized estimating equations. Biometrics 67(3):843-851, Sep, 2011.
- Torres SR, Chen CSK, Leroux BG, Lee PP, Hollender LG, Schubert MM: Fractal dimension evaluation of cone beam computed tomography in patients with bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosis. Dentomaxillofacial Radiology, 40(8):501-505, Dec, 2011.
- Flemmig TF, Arushanov D, Daubert D, Rothen M, Mueller G, Leroux BG: Randomized controlled trial assessing harm and efficacy of glycine powder air polishing in deep periodontal pockets. Journal of Periodontology, In Press, 2011.