Working Remotely from a Personal Computer
- Staff – Please have your supervisor request/authorize remote access by contacting the IT Service Desk firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please ask for IT assistance well in advance of needing to work from home so there’s time for you to verify success in connecting to SOD resources
- Prepare Your Personal Computer to Remotely Access UW SOD Resources
Remote axiUm Access via RemoteApp
- IT Recommends first trying RemoteApp as your remote access solution as it offers access to axiUm, MiPACS, MS Office Suite, and Shared Drive connectivity
- Students use this method to access axiUm from their personal devices
- Visit our RemoteApp setup guide to connect from your personal computer
UW Husky OnNet VPN
Husky OnNet (HON) provides individual users (current UW students, faculty and staff) with a secure Connection to the UW network from remote locations, such as from home, a coffee shop, at the airport, etc, while using a third-party Internet Service Provider (ISP), such as Comcast or CenturyLink.
Connect to your Office Computer Using Remote Desktop
If you require access to specialized applications, you may request Remote Desktop access to your office Windows computer by sending a request to email@example.com.
Remote Desktop Instructions
Zoom Pro Now Available at No Cost for Students, Staff and Faculty!
- Use Zoom to video conference with colleagues or deliver course content
- Please always log into the HIPAA UW Zoom instance.
- Learn more about Zoom @ UW
- Getting Started
- Zoom Tutorial Videos
- Meetings & Webinars
- Protocol for Zoom Proctoring of Online Exams
Distance Learning and Teaching Resources
Collaborate With Your Workgroup Using Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams is a full-featured team collaboration tool. Use Teams for 1 on 1 chats, group chats. Like Zoom, MS Teams also has video conferencing capabilities.
- MS Teams Training
UW-IT Phone Service: Extension Connect
- Extension connect extends UW telephone service to a mobile or home telephone number
- Visit this website for more information or to order.