Clinical Magnification Selective
Course Director: ER Schwedhelm
Quarters/Yr of Program: Summer, Autumn, Winter, or Spring / 4
Faculty and affiliate members from the Department of Restorative Dentistry and Endodontics will participate with senior dental students in this active learning course, which will include didactic and clinical experiences in the provision of oral health care using high level magnification.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the importance of the use of magnification
- Incorporate magnification in the daily practice of dentistry, principally in the fields of restorative and endodontic procedures.
- Discuss the evolution of the use of magnification in the field of dentistry.
- Describe the resolution of the naked eye and how magnification can improve visual acuity.
- Discuss the concept of the magnification continuum and its impact on dental clinicians.
- Explain the advantages of using a dental operating microscope in dentistry.
- Discuss the challenges of incorporating magnification into the daily practice of dentistry.
Date last updated: 2016-01-09