Peer Mentor – Pediatric Dentistry – Selective
Course Director: Various
Selective # of Credits: 1
Quarters/Yr of Program: Spring / 4
Fourth-year dental students participate as peer mentors, guiding second-year dental students through simulation exercises on pediatric typodonts. Opportunity for fourth-year students to serve as mentors and enhance their own knowledge of pediatric restorative dentistry.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate use of rubber dam isolation.
- Demonstrate sealant application.
- Demonstrate pediatric restorative techniques: composite, SSC.
- Demonstrate pulpotomy on primary molar.
- Provide constructive feedback on learners’ clinical skills.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical teaching behavior.
- Perform calibrated preclinical project grading according to establish rubrics.
Date last updated: 2022-12-14