Pediatric Dentistry Off-Site Clinical Rotation
Course Directors: Rachel Greene
Quarters/Yr of Program: Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring / 4
2-week clinical rotation at the Sea Mar White Center Dental Clinic, during which students treat pediatric patients under supervision by a calibrated pediatric dentist. Participants will increase the number and diversity of pediatric dental procedures performed, practice four-handed dentistry in a pediatric community health setting, and be exposed to a diverse population of underserved pediatric patients.
- Perform pediatric dental care.
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism with patients, colleagues, staff and the community.
- Utilize effective 4-handed dentistry in a pediatric setting.
- Describe public health models for pediatric dental care.
- Describe challenges in providing care to pediatric patients in an underserved community.
Last updated: 2022-12-14