Advanced Clinical Oral Surgery – Selective
Course Director: John Evans
Selective # of Credits: 1
Quarters/Yr of Program: Autumn, Winter, Spring / 1
Participation in this course will extend the student’s biomedical knowledge base and augment their surgical skills. The course will also offer didactic instruction in a small group setting. We will use patients referred for surgical care as the basis for didactic and clinical instruction.
At the end of the course, students will be able, at an advanced level, to:
1. Examine and treat patients in need of complicated dentoalveolar surgery.
2. Evaluate medical histories and care for medically complex patients.
3. Manage the pharmacological needs of their patients.
4. Interact with surgical specialists if they choose to enter general dental practice.
5. Perform complex dentoalveolar surgery in various post-graduate educational programs.
Date last updated: 2022-07-01