Fixed Prosthodontics 1
This course introduces second-year students to fixed prosthodontics. The lecture content of this course connects laboratory and clinical fixed prosthodontics course content with material science information. Pre-clinical experience is provided in tooth preparation, provisional restoration, and fabrication of various indirect restorations by using traditional and CAD/CAM technology.
The student who successfully completes this course will be able to:
1. Describe the procedures for tooth preparation for single crowns.
2. Demonstrate how to properly prepare teeth to receive single crowns.
3. Describe the procedures for the fabrication of single crowns.
4. Demonstrate how to properly fabricate direct single unit provisional crowns.
5. Describe the use of dental materials required in the fabrication of single-unit provisional crowns and metal crowns.
6. Demonstrate the use of dental materials used in the fabrication of single-unit provisional crowns and metal crowns.
UWSOD Competencies: C-01, C-02, C-03, C-10, C-15, C-19, C-20, C-21
Date last updated: 2021-09-09