Removable Partial Denture Design
Course Director: Hai Zhang
Quarters/Yr of Program: Spring / 2
This course presents the principles of removable partial denture design (RPD) for partially edentulous patient situations. The course is comprised of a series of lectures and laboratory excises. No clinic sessions are included.
The student who successfully completes this course will be able to:
1. Relate the Kennedy classification of partially edentulous arches to partial denture design.
2. Compare the indications and contraindications for removable partial dentures with those of other types of prostheses.
3. Describe the major components of removable partial dentures.
4. Describe the clinical workflow of removable partial dentures.
5. Examine the impact of the major components of an RPD on design and function.
6. Apply the basic principles of removable partial denture designs to different patient scenarios.
7. Design the basic types of removable partial dentures.
UWSOD Competencies: C-01, C-03, C-04, C-05, C-06, C-07, C-08, C-09, C-10, C-11, C-12, C-13, C-14, C15, C-16, C-19, C-20, C-21, C-24, C-25, C-28, C-29, C-30, C-31, CE-02, CE-03, CE04, CE-05, CE-06, CE-07
Date last updated: 2022-03-29