Dental Materials Science 2
Course Director: Dr. Kwok-Hung (Albert) Chung
Quarters/Yr of Program: Spring / 1
This course is a continuation of DENTPC 523. Students apply their college knowledge of chemistry, physics, and biology to the basic science of materials used in dentistry, and learn compositions, properties, and manipulation techniques of biomaterials used in dental applications.
The student who successfully completes this course will be able to:
1. Compare the effects of materials and devices used for finishing and polishing procedures.
2. Describe the development, compositions, properties, and potential challenges of dental amalgam materials.
3. Describe the development, compositions, and properties of resin-based composite filling materials.
4. Describe the development, compositions, and properties of dental adhesive systems.
5. Discuss the development, compositions, and properties of ceramic material systems.
6. Discuss the ceramic material systems for construction of dental prostheses.
7. Explain the development, compositions, and properties of dental cement systems
8. Discuss the development, compositions, and properties of dental wax systems.
9. Discuss the compositions and properties of different type of gypsum products.
UWSOD Competencies: C-01, C-03, C-10, C-11, C-12, C-15, C-19, C-20, C-21, C-28, CE-05, CE-06
Date last updated: 2023-03-20