Operative Dentistry 5
This is a lecture and preclinical laboratory course that builds upon the knowledge and skills gained in DENTPC 530, 550, 560, and 570. The course introduces processes for treatment planning and restoring damaged tooth structure to proper form, function, and esthetics. Anterior teeth are managed with esthetic restorations like composite veneers, ceramic veneers, and ceramic inlays/onlays.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate how the principles of surgical cavity preparation are applied under various clinical parameters to ceramic veneer and inlay/onlay restorations.
2. Demonstrate the techniques of composite veneer restorations.
3. Demonstrate the application of CAD/CAM technology for ceramic restorations.
4. Write dental laboratory prescriptions.
5. Explain the concept of and techniques used in diastema closure.
6. Describe biocompatibility of dental materials.
UWSOD Competencies: C-01, C-02, C-03, C-10, C-12, C-19, C-20, C-21, CE-05
Date last updated: 2022-04-01