Operative Dentistry 5
This is a lecture and preclinical laboratory course that builds upon the knowledge and skills gained in DENTPC 530, 550, 560, and 570. The course introduces processes for treatment planning and restoring damaged tooth structure to proper form, function, and esthetics. Anterior teeth are managed with esthetic restorations like composite veneers, ceramic veneers, and ceramic inlays/onlays.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
1. Apply the principles of surgical cavity preparation, under various clinical parameters, to ceramic veneer and inlay/onlay restorations.
2. Demonstrate the techniques use for composite veneer restorations.
3. Apply CAD/CAM technology to ceramic restorations.
4. Write dental laboratory prescriptions.
5. Explain the concept of and techniques used in diastema closure.
6. Describe biocompatibility of dental materials.
UWSOD Competencies: C-01, C-02, C-03, C-10, C-12, C-19, C-20, C-21, CE-05
Date last updated: 2023-03-20