Oral Pathology 2
Course Director: Dolphine Oda
Quarters/Yr of Program: Winter / 2
This course is designed on the principle that dentistry is part of a patient’s overall health care and that dentists are members of a patient’s broader health care team. This course is taught in a clinical pathologic conference (CPC) format with cases directly building on and supplementing the lecture material covered in DENTPC 534 and DENTPC 554.
The student who successfully completes this course will be able to:
1. Describe oral and maxillofacial diseases.
2. Formulate an applied differential diagnosis for each of the oral diseases covered in Oral
3. Identify oral and maxillofacial disease pathogenesis.
4. Correlate the histopathology of a disease with the clinical presentation of a disease.
5. Develop a working differential diagnosis.
6. Manage oral and maxillofacial diseases within the scope of a general practitioner.
7. Refer oral and maxillofacial diseases which are beyond the scope of a general practitioner.
8. Interpret a pathology report using histopathology descriptive terminology.
UWSOD Competencies: C-01, C-02, C-03, C-09, C-11, C-12, C-14, C-15, C-24, C-31, CE-02, CE-03,
Date last updated: 2021-12-31