RIDE Comprehensive General Dentistry 4
Course Director: Natasha Flake and Sangeetha Nedunchezhian
Quarters/Yr of Program: Spring / 4
This is the second course of a two-quarter course. The RIDE extended rotation offers fourth-year dental students an opportunity to work in a clinical setting that serves a diverse population in rural and/or underserved areas. Patients receive comprehensive care in the various specialties. Mentored and supervised by the RIDE regional clinical directors and clinical site preceptors (UW affiliate faculty), students manage complex and single phases of clinical dentistry using a sound philosophy of comprehensive patient care applicable to evidence-based general practice.
The student who successfully completes this course will be able to:
1. Perform a wide variety of periodontics, oral surgery, operative, prosthodontics, endodontics, and pediatric dentistry skills.
2. Perform oral health assessments and diagnoses of patients.
3. Perform practice management skills in a real clinical setting.
4. Identify oral health issues common in a rural and/or underserved patient population.
5. Self-assess one’s work and limits as a clinician.
UWSOD Competencies: C-01, C-02, C-04, C-05, C-06, C-07, C-08, C-09, C-10, C-11, C-12, C-13, C-14, C-15, C-16, C-17, C-18, C-19, C-20, C-21, C-22, C-23, C-24, C-25, C-26, C-27, C-28, C-29, C-30, C-31, CE-01, CE-04, CE-05, CE-06, CE-07
Date last updated: 2023-03-20