Practice Management 3
This course is offered in the fall and spring quarters. Topics will build upon the practice management knowledge gained in the D1 and D2 Conversations in Dental Practice. Students will practice leadership, ethical decision-making, and the business skills needed for success in dental practice.
The student who successfully completes this course will be able to:
1. Establish a marketing plan for a dental practice.
2. Successfully complete the application process for a dental practice opportunity, a postdoctoral residency, or an academic position.
3. Analyze production and collection reports.
4. Discuss ethical billing practices and criteria essential for billing dental plans.
5. Optimally schedule patients in a multiple chair setting to support the financial goals of a practice and meet the practitioner’s personal needs.
UWSOD Competencies: C-02, C-06, C-07, C-09, CE-04, CE-07
Date last updated: 2021-09-23