Volunteer at the School of Dentistry
University of Washington
School of Dentistry
1959 NE Pacific Street D322
Seattle, WA 98195-6353
Opportunities for Volunteering listed below
What Volunteers Do
Opportunities are available in a variety of dental and administration roles. Duties in these roles include clerical and office related tasks, stocking supplies, assisting staff in non-patient care functions and providing patient transport. Some research opportunities may become available. These positions are available on an as-needed, as-available basis. You will be required in these roles to commit to the schedule designated in the opportunity posting.
Please Note: Our program does not accommodate job shadowing or internships.
What We Look For In A Volunteer
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to perform basic functions of a volunteer role
- Highly motivated and positive
- A willingness to learn and take direction
- Mature and reliable
Volunteer Application Process
Once you have secured a volunteer opportunity and your Volunteer Supervisor has notified the Office of the Dean:
- The Dean’s Office will contact you and explain the necessary screening steps to complete your Volunteer application: (NOTE: The Dean’s Office does not prepare volunteer paperwork until contacted by the Volunteer Supervisor)
- You will be provided with the following forms and asked to provide a Copy of Photo ID.
- School of Dentistry Volunteer Program Application
- School of Dentistry Privacy, Confidentiality, and Information Security Agreement
- National criminal background check. Done prior to placement and you must have a clear record (will be submitted during the on-boarding process if required for the position)
- Verification of completed tuberculosis (TB) screening and receive clearance through UWMC Employee Health. You must meet immunization requirements which include: two measles, mumps, and rubella (MMRs), tetanus and chicken pox vaccines (required if volunteer will potentially be exposed to bodily fluids/infectious materials)
- Once the screening is complete your Volunteer Supervisor will receive a confirmation email from the Dean’s Office.
- Your Volunteer Supervisor will contact you to begin your service.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the School of Dentistry. There are NO open positions at this time. Please check back for future opportunities.
(Dental Education for the Care of the Disabled)
(Severe anxieties relating to dental care and treatment)
|OCS Clinical Services
(D2/D3 Student Clinics)
|DUCC‐ Urgent Care
(Focus on immediate treatment and dental emergencies)
(Focus on pulp and tissue surrounding the tooth)
(Comprehensive oral health care to PNW patient community)
(Fixed, removable, implant, and maxillofacial)
|Advanced General Dentistry Clinic
(Patient treatment in hospital situations/settings)
(Early childhood oral health)
(Student, graduate and faculty practice resources)