Kwok-Hung (Albert) Chung, DDS, PhD
University of Washington
1959 NE Pacific St.
Seattle, WA 98195-7456
Division of Dental Materials Science
Department of Restorative Dentistry
Dr. Chung holds a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree (1979) from the National Defense Medical Center-Taiwan, a Doctor of Philosophy degree (1987) in Biomaterials from the Northwestern University at Chicago , and a certificate in Prosthodontics from the University of Texas, Health Science Center at San Antonio (2002).
- Restorative Dentistry 510 (Dental Materials Science), 3 credit hours.
- Restorative Dentistry 585 (Advanced Dental Materials Science), 2 credits.
- Restorative Dentistry 511 (Applied Dental Materials), 3 credit hours.
- Restorative Dentistry 630 / 640, 3 credit hours, clinical supervision of third- and fourth-year dental students.
- Pros 523 (Removable Partial Denture Design), 2 credit hours.
Dr. Chung is a Professor of the Department of Restorative Dentistry. His current research focus remains on nano restorative materials used in clinical dentistry and the biomechanics of dental implants. He has authored numerous scientific and clinical articles in peer-reviewed journals.
Awards and Professional Service
Dr. Chung is a fellow of the Academy of Dental Materials and the International College for Dentists, a member of the International Association for Dental Research and the American College of Prosthodontists. He served as reviewer for many peer-reviewed journals. He is a frequent presenter at scientific meetings in and outside North America.
Dr. Chung’s personal interests include swimming, fishing, travel and classical music.