- Applicant must hold a DDS or DMD degree from accredited college/university in the United States or equivalent degree from a foreign institution.
- Must be eligible for state dental limited license.
- Must have passed Part 1 of the National Board exam.
- Must be proficient in the English language and meet the requirements as described by the UW Graduate School.
- Student’s record should be strong with an average of grade B or better.
How to Apply
- The program participates in the PASS (Postdoctoral Application Support Service), phone 202-667-4015. The deadline for PASS applications is September 17 preceding matriculation. Our program does not require the ADA Advanced Dental Admissions Test (ADAT) but will accept the scores as part of the application.
- The program also participates in the National Matching Program, phone 716-282-4013. The program code for the UW Pediatric Dentistry residency program is 4363.
- We recommend waiting to apply to the UW Graduate School until after the Match (late January). The application is online and the phone is 206-543-5900.
- Send directly to the Department:
An application processing fee of $50.00 (check or money order) made to UW Department of Pediatric Dentistry with your full name and PASS ID number in the memo and mailed to the Program Manager (address below).
- 2×2 photo (jpeg format)
- Current CV
- Waiver Statement
Graduate Program Manager
The Center for Pediatric Dentistry
6222 NE 74th Street
University of Washington
Seattle WA 98115
Your application must be complete in order to be reviewed by members of our selection committee.
If you are selected as an interview candidate, you will be notified by phone and/or mail. Interviews will be by invitation after review of all applicants.
Program Stipend (GME) and Tuition
Stipends are available only for U.S citizens and for permanent residents of the U.S. For fiscal year 2021-22 stipends are as follows:
- First year: $61,800
- Second year: $64,200
Stipends will be increased each year if approved. Students are expected to pay their own tuition. US citizens will be eligible for an out-of-state tuition waiver for the first year so they may establish residency to qualify for in-state tuition. Tuition for the academic year 2021-22 will be approximately $26,000 for in-state residents and $48,000 for out-of-state residents. Non-supported students must be able to demonstrate the ability to pay all university expenses.
Use this application checklist to help determine when your application is complete:
- Apply to PASS by deadline (September 15)
- Apply to National Matching Program
- Apply to UW graduate school
- Complete and send departmental application fee (check or money order to UW Department of Pediatric Dentistry), waiver statement (PDF), CV, and photo to Program Manager address.
For questions about the program or the application process, please contact Cheryl Shaul, Graduate Program Manager, 206.543.7906.
Please refer to State Certification and Licensing for more information about these topics.