The Office of Education Partnerships and Diversity collaborates with community partners to support teaching and learning initiatives that promote culturally-appropriate improvements in oral health care access and reductions in oral health disparities. These university-community partnerships, broaden collaborative access, and sharing of, each partner’s expertise and resources, thus creating mutually beneficial opportunities for learning and workforce development.
- To support dental student organizations efforts to plan, implement and maintain community service activities in oral health education and care.
- To develop community partnerships that provide students opportunities for responsible citizenship and leadership in our multicultural society.
- To serve as a UW School of Dentistry liaison in campus wide diversity and service-learning activities.
- To support recruitment and retention of students from under-represented communities in the oral health care workforce and students committed to providing oral health care to underserved communities.
- To support an environment in the dental school that fully welcomes, respects and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
The Office of Educational Partnerships and Diversity also provides mentoring and support for academic and non-academic needs of dental students. We facilitate access to information and resources in the dental school, the university at large and in the community. We offer opportunities to connect with other student groups, financial resources, study tips and strategies for success. Join us! We will be holding informational and social programs throughout the year.