How do I apply to the UW Graduate Orthodontic program?
- Applicants to the UW Graduate Orthodontic Program apply through ADEA PASS
- Applicants must also register with the National Matching Service.
Are any Supplemental Materials required in addition to the PASS application?
- The only required supplemental materials are pre-dental (undergraduate), dental school transcripts, GRE scores and TOEFL scores.
- Include transcripts and other documents online in PASS. Do not email transcripts or other documents. Institutions can send secure online electronic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If transcripts are mailed they must be in envelopes with the original seal of the issuing institution(s). Multiple, separate, sealed official transcript envelopes can be mailed to us in one large envelope.
- If mailing transcripts or other documents directly to our program, we strongly recommend sending via a carrier that provides tracking info and delivery confirmation.
- The University code for University of Washington is 4854, the Major Field code is 0604, Dentistry and Oral Sciences.
- The ETS TOEFL code is 2305 for University of Washington School of Dentistry.
- University of Washington School of Dentistry
Department of Orthodontics
1959 NE Pacific St., D-569
Seattle, WA 98195-7446
- Attn: Graduate Orthodontics Program Application
Is there an application fee?
- The University of Washington Graduate Orthodontics Program application fee is $50.00 (USD) for the 2022-2023 application cycle.
- We no longer accept checks, money orders, cashier’s checks or international bank drafts for payment of the application fee.
- Online application fee credit card payment via the link below:
Make an online Graduate Application Payment
*Please note the name of the applicant on the credit card payment. The application fee must be paid before the application deadline by each applicant who applies or re-applies to our program.
Is a 2″ x 2″ or larger photo required as Supplemental Material in addition to the PASS application?
- No. Photos are not required as supplemental material in addition to the PASS application.
Does the UW Graduate Orthodontic program require the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) for application?
- Yes, the GRE general test is required as part of the application process. Please submit current official GRE scores. Note – University of Washington institution code 4854 can be entered. 0604 (Dentistry and Oral Sciences) is the major field code.
Is there a Supplemental Application fee required for the UW Graduate Orthodontic Program?
- There is no supplemental application required for the Orthodontic Program.
- Applicants do not need to apply to the UW Graduate School or pay the separate Graduate School Application fee unless they MATCH with our program in December.
What additional requirements and/or materials are needed from International Applicants?
- The following are minimum requirements for international applicants seeking admission to the UW Graduate Orthodontics program. These requirements must be met in order to be eligible to apply:
A current, valid, minimum official TOEFL score of 580, or a TOEFLC (computer) score of 237 (Note – The TOEFL/TOEFLC score is good for 2 years. TOEFL/TOEFLC is required unless:
- You are a citizen of Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand or the United Kingdom.
- You have earned a bachelor’s or higher degree from the United States, or one of the countries listed above. The equivalent of a 4 year US bachelor’s degree is based on the following criteria:
- The country’s national system of education
- Type of institution attended
- Field of study
- Level of studies completed
- An applicant may be considered for admission if graduated from a non-ADA accredited (international) dental school. Please include a World Education Services (WES) and Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) evaluation with your transcripts. Attach all documents in PASS.
- The University of Washington requires official certification of adequate financial support from each international applicant after candidate has been selected into the program. UW Graduate School International Student Information
Is a Canadian Applicant considered an international applicant? What is the process for Canadian applicants?
- Yes, consequently the process is the same as for any International applicant, with the exception of the TOEFL requirement.
How can prior applicants re-apply to the UW Graduate Orthodontic program?
- Applicants who are reapplying must complete the PASS Application process and register with the Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program again. Supplemental material sent by applicants from the prior year need not be re-sent, as these will be retained and moved to the new application file.
What is the application deadline for UW Graduate Orthodontic program?
- The UW Graduate Orthodontic program firm application deadline is August 15, 2022. We strongly recommend that your PASS application is complete by August 15, 2022 or sooner.
- The 2023 ADEA PASS application cycle opens May 12, 2022.
How are applicants selected for interviews, and when does this occur?
- Applications are carefully reviewed by a selection committee in September, after which about 24 individuals are sent an invitation for a personal interview. Interview Day 2022 is to be determined.
When will we receive information about interviews, and when will interviews be held?
- Applicants will be contacted by late September if they have been selected for an interview. Interview Day 2022 is to be determined.