Richard G. Stevenson, DDSLecture
This course is offered in partnership with Pierce County Dental Society.
Come hear the latest on restorative dental materials and techniques, and what you should include in your dental practice. Topics will include:
- Caries management – what to leave behind
- Pulp capping and managing pulp exposures
- Dental adhesion approaches to enhance restoration longevity
- Innovations in composite materials
- Class II composite restoration techniques
- Understanding the latest ceramic materials
- Preparation designs for e.max and Zirconia
- Veneer preparation variations
- Impression materials and techniques
- Cements – what to use where and how
- Preventing restoration fractures using a 5-step system
As a result of attending this course, you will learn:
- How to manage the indirect and direct pulp exposure.
- The different adhesive systems available and how to employ them to reduce post-operative sensitivity.
- Which composites to use in different situations.
- The indications for the different ceramic materials and when bonding is essential vs cementation.
- How to manage soft tissue to facilitate better scans or traditional impressions.
- How to minimize the risk of restoration fractures and chipping using a 5-step check.
Dr. Stevenson received his bachelor’s degree in chemistry and his dental degree, and later completed a Fellowship in Medical Education, all from UCLA. He practiced general dentistry for 7 years before accepting a full-time teaching position at the UCLA School of Dentistry as an Assistant Professor in Operative Dentistry. Dr. Stevenson has been recognized by his students on five occasions as the Teacher of the Year and has received numerous additional teaching awards from twenty different classes of students. In 2009, he received the American Dental Association’s Distinguished “Golden Apple” Teaching Award – in both the pre-doctoral and post-doctoral categories. Dr. Stevenson is a charter member and past President of the Orange County R.V. Tucker Cast Gold Study Club and was the Secretary of the Academy of R.V. Tucker Cast Gold Study Club for six years. Dr. Stevenson is currently Professor Emeritus of Clinical Dentistry at UCLA and served as Chair of the Section of Restorative Dentistry for 17 years. He practices dentistry in West Los Angeles with a focus on Microscope Dentistry, Implant Restoration and Esthetics.
- Dr. Stevenson is a shareholder in Master Milling Center Lab.
- The staff of the University of Washington Office of Continuing Dental Education and Pierce County Dental Society have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Friday, November 1, 2019
Emerald Queen Conference Center
5580 Pacific Highway E.
Fife, WA 98424
This course is designed for dentists. Dental team members are welcome to attend.
Registration and Continental Breakfast: 8:00am – 8:30am
Course: 8:30am – 4:30pm
TUITION – price includes lunch:
Before October 25, 2019 – after, $25 more
$155/Staff or Retired member dentist
CREDITS: 7 hours
The University of Washington is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
The University of Washington is a member of the Association for Continuing Dental Education.
University of Washington designates this activity for 7 continuing education credits.