Diagnosis and Nonsurgical Management of Orofacial Disorders in Dental Practice
Edmond Truelove, DDS, MSD; Mark Drangsholt, DDS, MPH, PhD and Oral Medicine Faculty at the UW School of DentistryLecture
Patients visiting dental offices present with a growing number of complex orofacial complaints. This course will highlight orofacial conditions commonly encountered in practice and the management of these disorders using multiple modalities.
This program is still being finalized. Potential topics may include the following:
- Diagnosis and Management of Lichenoid Lesions
- Articaine Use in the Dental Practice
- Sleep and Health/Screening for Sleep Apnea
- Benign Migratory Glossitis
- Diagnosis and Management of Oral Dysplasia
- Use of CBCT to Diagnose Orofacial Conditions
- Diagnosis and Management of Salivary Dysfunction
- TMD Diagnosis and Management – Simplified Approach for Primary Care
- Trigeminal Neuropathic Pains
- Common Oral Burning and Dysesthesias
- Antibiotic Prophylaxis in the Dental Practice
Department of Oral Medicine Faculty, including:
MARK DRANGSHOLT is Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Oral Medicine at the UW School of Dentistry.
EDMOND TRUELOVE is Professor and Director of Oral Medicine Clinical Services at the UW School of Dentistry.
- Drs. Truelove and Drangsholt have no financial relationships to disclose.
- The staff of the University of Washington Office of Continuing Dental Education have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Friday, February 24, 2017
University of Washington
Center for Urban Horticulture
3501 NE 41st Street
Seattle, Washington 98105
This course is designed for dentists, hygienists and dental assistants.
Registration and Continental Breakfast: 8:00am – 8:30am
Course: 8:30am – 4:30pm
TUITION – price includes lunch:
Early Bird until January 13, 2017
$161.10/Dental Hygienist, Dental Assistant and Office Staff
$225.90/Current Dental Alumni Member
Until February 22, 2017 (after, $25 more)
$179/Dental Hygienist, Dental Assistant and Office Staff
$251/Current Dental Alumni Member
* This course is eligible for a 10% tuition discount if you are a current member of the UW Dental Alumni Association.
** This course is eligible for an “Early Bird Discount” if you register six weeks or more before the course.
The University of Washington is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
The University of Washington is a member of the Association for Continuing Dental Education.
University of Washington designates this activity for 7 continuing education credits.