UW School of Dentistry
September 6, 2013
The School of Dentistry recognized five staff members for outstanding work during the past year at a luncheon on Sept. 4 at the Husky Union Building.
The School’s annual Distinguished Staff Awards are given for creativity, responsiveness, dedication, grace under pressure, and contributing to a positive work environment. Recipients are also consistently cited for job performance that goes well beyond the call of duty.
This year’s recipients are:
- Lupita Taylor, Fiscal Specialist, Oral Surgery
- Hazel Valdez, Fiscal Specialist, Oral Medicine
- Darlene Howe, Patient Services Representative, Graduate Periodontics
- Colleen Dunn, Dental Assistant, Office of Clinical Services
- Eileen Kakida, Administrator, Oral Health Sciences (who was unable to attend)
Dean Joel Berg hosted the luncheon and helped faculty and staff present the awards.