Xavier Lepe, DDS, MS
University of Washington
1959 NE Pacific St.
Seattle, WA 98195-7456
Director of the Division of Prosthodontics
Department of Restorative Dentistry
Dr. Lepe holds a Bachelor of Science degree (1976) and a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree (1980) from Universidad de Guadalajara, a specialty certificate in Combined Prosthodontics (1985) and a Master of Science degree in Oral Biology (1987) from Loyola University Chicago.
- Preclinical Fixed Prosthodontics RD-525, 3 credit hrs, F
- Preclinical Fixed Prosthodontics RD-526, 3 credit hrs, W
- Preclinical Fixed Prosthodontics RD-527, 3 credit hrs, S
- Removable Partial Denture Design PROS 523, 2 credit hrs, W
- Restorative Dentistry Clinic 630 & 640, 3 credit hrs, F, W, S & Summer
- Prosthodontic Clinic 620, 630 & 640, 3 credit hrs, F, W, S & Summer
Dr. Lepe is Associate Professor and Division Head of Prosthodontics in the Restorative Dentistry Department. His main research focus has been on impression materials. He has however conducted clinical and laboratory studies on various other dental materials including: resin bonding agents, cements, gypsum stone products and post & core systems.
Awards and Professional Service
Dr. Lepe maintains a private practice in the Faculty Practice Clinic in the UW Dental School. He is a member and currently serves on the Credentials committee of the American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics, is a member and past president of the Washington State Society of Prosthodontists, is a member of Omicron Kappa Upsilon and is a member of the International Association for Dental Research. He is also an Honorary member of Phi Omega and of Circulo de Estudios Odontologicos de Guadalajara study group. Dr. Lepe has served on the editorial board of the Operative Journal and the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry.