University of Washington
1959 NE Pacific St.
Seattle, WA 98195-7456
Assistant Professor, Department of Restorative Dentistry
Dr. Yen-Wei Chen holds a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Taipei Medical University (1998), a Master of Science in Dentistry degree and Certificate in Prosthodontics from the University of Washington (2008).
- RESD 522 – Introduction to Operative Dentistry Technique
- PROS 630 – Clinical Prosthodontics
- PROS 640 – Clinical Prosthodontics Maintenance
- RESD 630 – Clinical Restorative Dentistry
- RESD 640 – Advanced Clinical Restorative Dentistry
- RESD 660 – Clinical Graduate Prosthodontics
- Guest Lectures in
- RESD 541 – Advanced Restorative Dentistry
- RESD 570 – Graduate Prosthodontics: Fundamentals of Fixed Prosthodontics
- PERIO 582 – Graduate Periodontics: Treatment Planning
Dr. Chen’s research interests are in the area of all ceramic systems and the application of CAD/CAM technology in the restorative dentistry.
Awards and Professional Service
Dr. Chen is a member of the American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics, American College of Prosthodontists, and board-eligible for the American Board of Prosthodontics. Dr. Chen’s clinical interests focus on esthetics and implant restorative dentistry. He currently maintains a part-time private practice in Seattle with his wife, Dr. Kanako Nagatomo. Dr. Chen has presented his research and clinical work at several scientific meetings both nationally and internationally. He has authored numerous articles in various peer reviewed journals and coauthored a book chapter. Dr. Chen was acknowledged by the class of 2012 and 2013 for contributing in teaching at the University of Washington.