UW School of Dentistry
- Applicant must hold a DDS or DMD degree from accredited college/university in the United States or equivalent degree from a foreign institution.
- Must be eligible for state dental license.
- Must have passed Part 1 of the National Board exam.
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Applicants who do not have degrees from accredited institutions within the United States or Canada will be required to supply GRE scores to UW Graduate School; graduates of accredited US or Canadian institutions are not required to submit GRE scores.
- Student’s record should be strong with an average of grade B or better.
How to Apply
Only one application through PASS is necessary to apply to all three tracks. The decision about the track or tracks to which you wish to apply can be made at the time of the match.
Application must be made to:
- Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS)
PASS deadline is October 1st.
Request application materials from PASS. You will be given instructions for materials required. These materials will be processed and sent to the UW Pediatric Dentistry Department. DO NOT send these materials or duplicates of them to our department. They will not be accepted.
- National Matching Program
Go to the website and follow instructions.
In addition, application must be made to:
- UW graduate school
We recommend waiting to apply to the Graduate School until you are invited for an interview. The application is online ($75). To apply click here. Print your acceptance and send it to the Pediatric Dentistry department address below.
Send directly to the Department:
- Waiver Statement
- 2×2 photo
- Your CV
Post-Graduate Program Manager
Department of Pediatric Dentistry
The Center for Pediatric Dentistry
6222 NE 74th Street
University of Washington
Seattle WA 98115
Your application must be complete in order to be reviewed by members of our selection committee. If you are selected as a candidate, you will be notified by phone and/or mail.
Interviews will be by invitation after review of all applicants.
Program Stipend and Tuition (GME)
Stipends are available only for U.S citizens and for permanent residents of the U.S. For fiscal year 2012-13 stipends are as follows:
- First year: $50,556
- Second year: $52,476
- Third year: up to $54,636
Stipends will be increased each year if approved. Students are expected to pay their own tuition if enrolled in the MSD or MSD/MPH programs. US citizens will be eligible for an out-of-state tuition waiver for the first year so they may establish residency to qualify for in-state tuition.
Tuition for the academic year 2012-2013 is approximately $19,600 for in-state residents and $40,000 for out-of-state residents. Non-supported students must be able to demonstrate the ability to pay all university expenses.
Use this application checklist to help determine when your application is complete:
- Apply to PASS by deadline
- Apply to National Matching Program
- Apply to UW graduate school if applying for MSD or MSD/MPH tracks (not necessary for Yakima track)
- Complete and send waiver statement, CV and photo to UW Department of Pediatric Dentistry.
For questions about the program or the application process, please contact Cheryl Shaul, Graduate Program Manager, 206.543.7906.