For all Graduate Orthodontics Program Application inquiries, please e-mail Taryn Sanders-Sheats at email@example.com.
University of Washington
School of Dentistry
Department of Orthodontics
D-569, Health Sciences Center
1959 NE Pacific St.
Seattle, WA 98195-7446
Attn: Graduate Orthodontics Program Application
How do I apply to the UW Graduate Orthodontic program?
- Applicants to the UW Graduate Orthodontic Program apply through PASS.
- You can access this site from the following link: www.adea.org/Pages/default.aspx
- PASS Web page: https://portal.passweb.org/
- Applicants must also register with the National Matching Service: www.natmatch.com/dentres/
Are any Supplemental Materials required in addition to the PASS application?
- The only required supplemental materials are pre-dental (undergraduate) and dental school transcripts. If transcripts are mailed they must be in envelopes with the original seal of the issuing institution(s). Multiple, separate, sealed official transcript envelopes can be mailed to us in one large envelope.
Is a 2″ x 2″ or larger photo required as Supplemental Material in addition to the PASS application?
- No. Photos are not required as supplemental material in addition to the PASS application. Please do not fax, e-mail or mail photos.
Does the UW Graduate Orthodontic program require the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) for application?
- Yes, as of 2009 the GRE is required as part of the application process. Please submit current, valid, official GRE scores.Note – University of Washington Institution code is R4854. 4854 can be entered. 0604 (Dentistry and Oral Sciences) is the Department Code.
For GRE information: www.ets.org/gre/ or www.ets.org/gre/general/about
- ADEA PASS PPI (Personal Potential Index Evaluation):
Is there a Supplemental Application and/or a fee required for the UW Graduate Orthodontic Program?
- There is no supplemental application or fee required for the Orthodontic Program. Applicants do not need to apply to the UW Graduate School or pay the Graduate Application fee unless they MATCH with our program in December.
What additional requirements and/or materials are needed from International Applicants?
- The following are minimum requirements for international applicants seeking admission to the UW Graduate Orthodontics program. These requirements must be met in order to be eligible to apply:
A current, valid, minimum official TOEFL score of 580, or a TOEFLC (computer) score of 237 (Note – The TOEFL/TOEFLC score is good for 2 years. For TOEFL/TOEFLC information: www.ets.org/toefl/) is required unless:
- You are a citizen of Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand or the United Kingdom.
- You have earned a bachelor’s or higher degree from the United States, or one of the countries listed above. The equivalent of a 4 year US bachelor’s degree is based on the following criteria:
- The country’s national system of education
- Type of institution attended
- Field of study
- Level of studies completed
- The University of Washington requires official certification of adequate financial support from each international applicant.
- More information on International Applicants can be found at the following web site:
- International Applicants section at: www.grad.washington.edu/admissions/faq/international.shtml
Is a Canadian Applicant considered an international applicant? What is the process for Canadian applicants?
- Yes, consequently the process is the same as for any International applicant, with the exception of the TOEFL requirement.
How can prior applicants re-apply to the UW Graduate Orthodontic program?
- Applicants who are reapplying will need to complete the PASS Application process and register with the Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program again. Supplemental material sent by applicants from the prior year need not be re-sent, as these will be retained and moved to the new application file.
What is the application deadline for UW Graduate Orthodontic program?
- UW Graduate Orthodontic program application deadline is September 2, 2014. However, to meet our deadline PASS has an earlier deadline of August 22, 2014.
- 2015 ADEA PASS application cycle opens May 21, 2014.
How are applicants selected for interviews, and when does this occur?
- Applications are carefully reviewed by a selection committee in early October, after which about 20 individuals are invited to visit the UW for a personal interview.
When will we receive information about interviews, and when will the interviews be held?
- You will be contacted in early October if you have been selected for an interview. The interview date will be a Monday in October 2014. Exact date TBA.