Kimberly Huggins, RDH, BS
Affiliate Instructor, Oral Health Sciences
Affiliate Instructor, Dental Public Health Sciences
Affiliate Instructor & Research Manager, Oral Medicine
Ms. Huggins is the research manager of the Temporomandibular Disorder (TMJ) and Facial Pain research program in the Department of Oral Medicine. She has participated in the development of clinical research protocols for many different research studies. She is an expert on the implementation of clinical research studies and the development of documents and processes that inform the Human Subjects aspects of this research. She participates in research data acquisition, data analysis, and preparation of research manuscripts. She is also the Principal Investigator of an NIDCR PRECEDENT (Practice Based Research Network) survey of dentists and their attitudes and beliefs related to patients with special needs.
- Dworkin, SF, Huggins KH. Generalized joint hypermobility (GJH) may be a risk factor for temporomandibular disorders (TMD). J Evid Based Dent Pract. 10(2):91-2. June 2010.
- Look, JO, John, MT, Tai, F., Huggins, KH, Lenton, PA, Truelove, EL, Ohrbach, R., Anderson, GC, Shiffman, EL. The Research Diagnostic Criteria for Temporomandibular Disorders. 11: reliability of Axis 1 diagnoses and selected clinical measures. J Orofac Pain. 24:25-34. Winter, 2010.
- Truelove, E, Huggins, KH, Mancl, L., Dworkin, SF. The efficacy of traditional, low-cost and non-splint therapies for temporomandibular disorder. A randomized controlled trial. J AM Dent Assoc. 137:1099-11007, 2006.
- Aaron, LA, Turner, JA, Mancl, L., Sawchuk, CN, Huggins, KH, Truelove, EL. Daily pain coping among patients with chronic temporomandibular disorder pain: an electronic diary study. J Orofac Pain, 2006; 20:125-37.
- LeResche, L, Sherman, JJ, Huggins, KH, Saunders, K, Mancl, LA, Lentz, G., Dworkin SF. Musculoskeletal orofacial pain and other signs and symptoms of temporomandibular disorders during pregnancy: A prospective study. J Orofac Pain, 19:193-201, 2005.