Philip Worthington, MD, BDS, FDSRCS
Professor Emeritus, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Dr. Philip Worthington is currently a Professor Emeritus and former Chairman of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Worthington is a Fellow of the International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and the British Association of Oral Surgeons. He is an attending surgeon at University Hospital and Harborview Medical Center. Dr. Worthington holds both Washington state dental, as well as physician and surgeon licenses.
- BDS, University of Liverpool, England, 1962
- FDSRCS, Royal College of Surgeons, 1965
- MD, State of Washington, 1980
- Resconstruction with implants
- Jaw pathology
1. Injury to the Inferior Alveolar Nerve During Implant Placement. A Formula for the Protection of the Patient and Clinician. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Implants 19:5 731-734, 2004
2. “The Changing Relations of the Allied Disciplines” Journal of Canadian Dental Association, v71, #5 p350(a-d) May 2005.
3. Management of Palatal Pleomorphic Adenoma, British Journal of Oral Surgery 1974 l2; 2; l32 P. Worthington
4. The Surgical Approach to the Pterygoid Region. British Journal of Oral Surgery. 1977 l5; l35. P. Worthington
5. The Role of Cone Beam CT in Planning and Placement of Implants, The Journal of the American Dental Association. 141, #3; 19S-24S 2010
1. Book Chapter “History, Development and Current Status of Osseointegration as Revealed by Experience in Craniomaxillofacial Surgery” in Osseointegration in Skeletal Reconstruction and Joint Replacement, Eds P-I Branemark, B.L. Rydevik, R. Skalak. Quintessence, Chicago. Ch. 2, pp.25-44. 1997
2. Book Chapter “Osseointegrated Implants” in Mandibular Reconstruction. Ed. A. Komisar. Thieme, New York. Ch. 9, pp. 11-132. 1997.
3. Book Chapter “Osseointegration in the Restoration of Maxillofacial Defects”. P. Worthington, J. E. Rubenstein, P-I. Branemark in “Dentofacial Deformities”. Eds. Epker B.N., Stella J.P., Fish L.C. Mosby, St. Louis, 1999
4. Book Chapter “Osseointegrated Implants in Combination with Vascularized Bone Grafts: Surgical and Prosthodontic Considerations”. Rubenstein J. E, Futran N.D., Worthington P. in “Implant Prosthodontics”. Eds Stevens, Frederickson, Gress, Mosby, St. Louis, 2000.
5, Textbook: “Osseointegration and Autogenous Onlay Bone Grafts – Reconstruction of the Edentulous Maxilla” Eds. P-I Branemark, K. Gröndahl, P. Worthington. Quintesence Chicago 2001
6. “Advanced Osseointegration Surgery: Applications in the maxillofacial region”, 3 chapters on “Mandibular Atrophy”, “Hemimandibulectomy”, & “Problems & Complications”. Quintessence, Chicago 1992.