John Richard Evans, DDS
Clinical Associate Professor
Associate Director Regional Initiatives
in Dental Education
Director Advanced General Dentistry
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Dr. John Evans is currently Associate Professor of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Evans is Director of Undergraduate Education for the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He is an attending surgeon at Group Health Cooperative, Harborview Medical Center, University Hospital, University of Washington, Children’s Orthopedic Hospital and Seattle Veteran’s Administration Hospital. He holds a Washington dental license as well as a general anesthesia, deep sedation permit.
- DDS, University of Washington, 1975
- Certificate, Oral Pathology, University of Washington, 1978
- Certificate, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Oklahoma University, 1982
- Clinical oral pathology
- Implantology in the teaching care setting
- Microneurosurgery in oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Nerve injuries
- Learning styles as they apply to clinical teaching
- Efficacy of informed consent procedures
- Problem-based learning
- Metacognition of clinical problem solving
- Evidence-based clinical care
- OS 520 – Local Anesthesia
- OS 530 – Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Didactic)
- OS 540 – Clinical Pathology Conference
- OS 550B – Clinical Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- OS 550F – Impaction Surgery
- OS 550G –Hospital Oral Surgery
- OS 630 – Oral Surgery Clinic
- OS 645 – Hospital Rotation
Kiyak,H.A., Worthington,P., Bolender,C., Evans,J.R. and Taylor,T. Abstract no. 585, International Association of DentalRes., Dublin, 1989.
Evans,J.R., Siegel, I.A. The effects of various prostaglandins on the function of the canine submandibular gland.Abstract, International Association of Dental Research, Miami Beach, Florida, March 1972.
Markowitz,R.N., Evans,J.R., Hancock,F. and Johnson,J. Special problems in oral and maxillofacial Surgery. Abstract, Southwest Society of Oral Surgery Annual Meeting in San Antonio, March 1982.
Evaluating Informed Consent for Third Molar Extractions. Kiyak A, Evans J, IARD/AADR, March, 1993
Lazar, k, Dworkin, S, Evans, J. The Reliability of Clinicians in Interpreting Arthrograms of the Temporomandibular Joint, SURF Program, University of Washington School of Dentistry, 1994
Gooris,P., Worthington,P. and Evans,J.R. Mandibulotomy: A Surgical Approach to Oral and Pharyngeal Lesions. Int. J. of Oral Max. Surg. 1989, 18, 359-364.
Kiyak,H.A., Beach,B.H., Worthington,P., Bolender,C., Evans,J.R., and Taylor,T. The psychological impact of osseointegrated dental implants. J. Oral Maxillofac Implants, 1990, 5, 61-69.
Evans j, New Microsurgical Techniques Can Aid in Repair of Trigeminal Nerve. Washington State Dental Association News, 42:3, 18, 1995
Kauffman,D.L. Evans,J.R. and Keller,P.J. The existence of glycosylated and non-glycosylated forms of humansubmandibular amylase. Arch Oral Bio., 1973, 18, 1105-1111.
Worthington, P. and Evans, J.R. (Eds.) Controversies in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, Philadelphia, 1994.